ANTHONY JOSHUA and Andy Ruiz Jr are set for battle in their huge rematch in Saudi Arabia.
The British boxer, 30, is looking to reclaim his WBA, IBF and WBO world titles – having suffered a shock defeat to lose them to the Mexican, also 30, in New York last June.
What time is Joshua vs Ruiz 2?
- Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz’s rematch starts at 9pm GMT on Saturday, December 7 – that’s midnight in Saudi Arabia.
- The ring walks for the main event have been confirmed by Sky Sports for 8.45pm.
- The Diriyah Arena in Diriyah hosts the heavyweight title bout.
How much do the fighters weigh?
Joshua cut a slimmer figure at the weigh-in, after promising to trim down to avoid the heavy hits of the Mexican.
And he weighed in at 16st 13lbs for this fight – 10 pounds lighter than during his defeat in New York.
But the real surprise was Ruiz Jr’s weight, as he tipped the scales more than a stone heavier than in June.
The Destroyer enters the ring this time at 20st 3lbs, compared to 19st 1lb previously.
How can I watch Joshua vs Ruiz 2?
- The huge heavyweight title fight and undercard is live on Sky Sports Box Office.
- Sky Sports Box Office will begin their broadcast from 5pm GMT.
- The card will be available for a record price of £24.95, with the full undercard and main event shown.
- You can also live stream for the same price on your computer, mobile and tablet devices.
- Sky Sports Box Office is also now available on BT TV.
- Sky Sports Boxing Facebook and YouTube channels will be showing an hour of build-up – including Majidov vs Little – for FREE from 4pm.
Who else is fighting on the undercard?
Heavyweights Dillian Whyte, Alexander Povetkin, and Filip Hrgovic have been announced for the stacked undercard:
- Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua (ring walk 8.45pm – WBA Super, IBF, WBO, IBO world heavyweight titles)
- Alexander Povetkin vs Michael Hunter (heavyweight)
- Dillian Whyte vs Mariusz Wach (WBC interim heavyweight title)
- Filip Hrgovic vs Eric Molina (WBC international heavyweight title)
- Mahammadrasul Majidov vs Tom Little (FREE fight on Sky Sports Boxing Facebook and Sky Sports Boxing Youtube from 4pm)
What are the purses for the fight?
JOSHUA is set to pocket the biggest ever pay day for a British boxer when he takes on Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia on Saturday night.
But the 30-year-old’s reward for that chastening defeat is the pay day of a lifetime, with him set to rake in £66MILLION for the much anticipated rematch.
What have the fighters said?
Andy Ruiz Jr: “I am ready to rock’n’roll and I know AJ is prepared and motivated.
“I know he has lost weight and will try to box me around but I have trained for that and know how to prevent it.
“I don’t want to let these beautiful belts go, I started training at just six years and will die trying to keep them.”
Anthony Joshua: “When I regain those belts I’m going to keep cool, stay focused on the next challenge. It’s not a time to celebrate.
“It’s a time to keep the challenger mindset, one by one I’m picking them off, I’m moving on to the next target and Ruiz is just the next target on my list.”