Remote control tools have appeared more and more in the last few years, so you can control the computer without sitting directly there, some tools also support use on the phone, makes control extremely simple. These remote controls help us save time and more. The outstanding remote control tool that I would recommend is Splashtop – a handy remote control tool.
What is splashtop?
Splashtop (formerly Splashtop Remote) is a group of remote desktop software and remote assistance software, developed by Splashtop Inc. Splashtop allows users to connect and control computers from desktop and mobile devices. Unlike Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol products, Splashtop Remote uses its own proprietary, self-contained protocol.
With over 15 million users worldwide, Splashtop is one of the best remote desktop control tools. It has great screen refresh rate and has the ability to transmit audio or video remotely. If you often have to work in the education field, Splashtop has a special version that can create a virtual classroom and it also has other versions for individuals and businesses.
Splashtop products focus on remote desktop access and collaboration for business, IT, MSP, support, help desks, education, and consumers. With this application, users can run applications on the computer, even play 3D games.
- Splashtop Business Access – a subscription-based, low-cost remote desktop software for business professionals
- Splashtop Remote Support – registry-based remote support software that focuses on remote IT and MSP professionals managing computers and servers
- Splashtop SOS – subscription-based remote support software used by technical support teams and help desks for remote access and support for computers and mobile devices
- Splashtop classroom – classroom collaboration software that allows teachers to share content and apps on computers, iPads and Chromebooks
- Splashtop Personal – remote desktop access software focused on consumers for personal use
- Mirroring360 – screen mirroring and screen sharing for education and business
Splashtop remote desktop applications map the screen of a mobile device to the screen of a remote computer, so that users can interact with the remote computer by using touch controls to click intuitive and zoomed by pinch gestures. Gestures are used to replace mouse and keyboard controls.
Products can establish a connection between devices connected to different networks, such as Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
Devices are connected to each other without distance calculation.
The advantages and disadvantages of Splashtop
The advantages of Splashtop
- You can view and edit files in remote computers without the need for cumbersome connectivity (no need to transfer files or sync).
- Use your favorite Windows or Mac applications and software.
- Watch HD movies, TV shows and Flash videos with more than 30 frames per second.
- Transfer music collection from computer to device.
- Make presentations with both audio and video support, helping to get the attention of the listener.
- Play classic games on iPad or other devices.
The disadvantages of Splashtop
- Splashtop software can be used on Chromebooks, but not as well as Microsoft or Google products.
- Splashtop when used on a desktop computer will cause a slight lag and slow down a bit.
- Expensive price: You need to pay Splashtop 4.99 USD / month (or 16.99 USD / year) to access outside the local network. Many features are available only after you register for an additional fee of 1.99 USD / month (or 16. 99 USD / year).
Remote control tools are a popular trend in the technology world because of its convenience. And Splashtop is one of the most popular tools. Splashtop has many outstanding features and convenience for users. If you do not have Splashtop, install it now to experience it.